Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Thankfulness Day 5 - Thankful for my Little One


This post is an easy one, and I’m sure you, dear reader, could have easily guessed this one would have been coming soon. How could I not dedicate a post to one of my favorite companions? The smallest sized blessing in my life is definitely one of my biggest. I am so thankful for our son! This little ray of sunshine brings me countless joys every day.

It is an honor to be his mother and to watch him grow and discover every day. Nothing can make one light up as much as to watch him scan a room of people, friends, and toys, expressionless, until he sets eyes on either my husband or myself and suddenly he’s squealing with joy.

Everyone wants to be wanted, everyone wants to be needed, and everyone wants to be loved. Children fulfill all these categories to the highest degree. My little one wants to be with me every moment possible (whether waking or sleeping!), I am an indispensable person in his life, and I know he loves me dearly. What more could one ask for!?

This kid always has a smile. Even when he is sick and miserable with sicky tears streaming down his face, he will still be smiling. He gives the best bear hugs a tiny person ever could and the house is always filled with his laughter. (Seriously though, he even laughs when he’s choking or if someone sneezes. Everything is funny)


"OHMYGOSH SWINGS ARE AWESOME!"

People tell me he is a most peaceful and calm child (and as I have no other children to compare him to I must take their word on that), and I never have a trouble leaving him to be watched because he is so well behaved. (Though I assure you, this is nothing of our doing. I think God knew we couldn’t handle a wild child during this period in our lives, and instead gave us a peaceful and joyful child instead. Thank heavens for that! )

Together we adventure and explore the world. He is my little pal and rarely leaves my side

Meeting the local cows. (At a safe distance though, as that second one looks like he wants a taste...)

This stroller picture is from one of our walks. Few others are so patient as I practice my photography, but this guy will sit and watch as I shoot and will even model for me from time to time. ;) Aside from his outstanding character and big heart, he gives me something to boast of should the occasion arise, provides me a valid excuse every time I’m running behind schedule, and allows me ample opportunities to practice my patience and love. (This child is making me more holy by the day folks! What a gift!)  

I don’t know what we did to deserve this angelic child, 
but I am very thankful God let us have him.




He's a snuggle bug this one <3



“The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow, For children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep. I’m rocking my baby, and babies don’t keep.”



I may frame the above excerpt for the nursery. And that’s where likely I’ll be if you can’t find me. If you ever wonder where I am, you can bet I’m hanging with my Adam. <3









"Children are a heritage from the Lord,
    offspring a reward from him."
~Pslam 127:3









4 comments:

  1. Adam is such a cutie, he is always smiling! I have been loving all of your thankful posts, they are beautiful and inspiring (and your photography is amazing!). I know I have been pretty sporadic about commenting, but I always read! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I am sporadic at replying to comments! But likewise, I always read them. Thanks for letting me know :) I'm glad you enjoy the posts!

      Delete
  2. And that immediately reminded me of the "Anniversary Song" (Cowboy Junkies) verse:
    "Have you ever seen a sight as beautiful
    As a face in a crowd of people
    That lights up just for you? "
    And the answer is: YES, YOU HAVE
    Lovely, as are all your posts.
    BTW, all the lyrics to that heart-strumming song at:
    http://www.lyricsfreak.com/c/cowboy+junkies/anniversary+song_20033680.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a sweet song! Thanks for the send! I hadn't heard that one before. Sadly, I couldn't seem to find it on youtube to hear the melody :( but the lyrics were lovely all the same!

      Delete