Saturday, November 2, 2013

Thankfulness Day 2 - Thankful for my hubby



Today I am thankful for this guy ----------------------------->



This guy is my teammate and life partner, my friend and confidant, my handyman, father of my little love, jar opener, reacher-of-things-on-ridiculous-high-shelves, my bug killer and lover. He’s a dynamic person to be sure and I don’t know what I would do without him!



This is the guy who, after a twelve-hour shift at work, would hop on his motorcycle and drive the 8-9hr drive through the night to visit me at my college when we were dating. This is the guy who arrives home with a fistful of flowers and watches silly movies and shows with me.



This is the guy who ran into the street in the middle of the night shouting out to all of Italy how much he was in love with me. (Definitely one of my favorite memories…) The guy who always mows the lawn and is down to tackle house projects with me. The one who gives our Little his medicine every day so I don't have to be "the bad guy".



This is the guy who I sing and dance with in the kitchen; the one I go on adventures and travels with; the one I bounce ideas off of and have book discussions and bible studies with. The one who leaves the occasional encouraging note or text for me to find. The one who always makes sure to kiss me (and the little one!) goodbye and goodnight.  



This is the guy who, when we discovered the status of my cancer, purchased and read books, dug through research online, helped me order things, make things, and organize my treatment schedule.



This is the guy who wakes daily at 4:30 am so he can wash, chop, and juice all my carrots (nearly a half an hour procedure) as well as brew my special healing tea and other things before going to work at 6 am. After a long day of work he will come home and help me with Adam and chores so I can work on my other treatments. He makes our sprouts and gardens organic veggies for us, spends hours making the silver water for me and making sure all of my other treatment supplies are in stock. Lately he’s been fending for himself more for meals and other things since my treatments and Adam are very time consuming, but he’ll offer to make me food while he’s at it.



This is the guy that sits next to me on the couch for hours during my electromedicine therapy after Adam has gone to bed. We snuggle and talk in the candle light for hours… Today he decided to have some man time with our little one and give me an afternoon off, so they took off on an adventure and I’ve had the house to myself for four hours and counting... (And it has been a lovely break! Thank you babe!).



He is a hard worker, caring, sweet and thoughtful. He is a man of God, values my opinion, and is a hands-on father. He is not perfect, but neither am I, or anyone. And our imperfections give the other opportunities to grow and improve. I am so thankful God put this man in my life! He knew what he was doing when he matched us up and my hubby is an essential piece of my life. I LOVE this guy! And best of all, he loves me back ^_^


















5 comments:

  1. And I am thankful that we all have the Rock of Coe to take care of my favorite niece. Rock on Rock! Thank on Shiloh! Keep smiling Adam! Life is sweet, and so much sweeter closer to the bone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so beautiful, shiloh. i'm tearing up in the library ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing, and I am so happy that you are happy :) Seriously Shiloh, I think about you often and when I miss some of your posts, I have "Shiloh Binges" where I sit and read all that I have missed. I am so happy to see that you are doing well, and that you are being taken care of, and LOVED the way you deserved to be loved...I couldn't be any more stoked for you :) :) :) :) :) xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxooxoxxoxoxooo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Stephanie! And it gave me a good laugh that you go on "Shiloh Binges". I'm glad you enjoy reading what I take the time to write out :D

      Delete