Saturday, January 12, 2013

Eating out in Italy - Part 2



See now I knew there would be a part two! This is a much shorter entry though. First off, the hot chocolate (cioccolata calda) here is amazing! It is more like pudding than what I’m used to in the states. It's almost as if they melted down a thick chocolate bar and put it in my drink. It is very delicious! (so naturally I took a picture)


I have learned that the price of your food in Italy can vary, depending on where and how you take it. For instance, if I go into a restaurant or café with a counter and order a drink, it will cost me less if I stand at the bar and drink it. If I sit it can cost more, and if I go further into the restaurant to a table and chairs, it will cost the most. The same applies to food. You can order food at the counter, but if you take it to a table and sit down, you will be charged more. So for the cheapest eating, simply stand at the bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment