Friday, October 25, 2013

Some Fall Photos


This is one of many colorful trees in our yard. 
I am working on a post to update everyone on my health and what we have been doing as of late, however the writing intensive posts take me a very long time to create, so in order to get something posted, I decided to give you this picture filled post.  I am supposed to get at least 30 mins of exercise daily (well, everyone should really, but it’s particularly important for me) as it’s supposed to help flush out the toxins and get the everything pumping through my system and the lymphs working and what not. So, when weather permits, I have been going on daily walks with my LO (Little One). These have been great times; my little one loves exploring the outdoors and being on the move (as do I), it gives us a chance to explore more of our Italian town a piece at a time, I get to talk with God as I walk, and I can practice my photography skills! Wins all the way around. Here are some of the photos I have taken on my walk.





Lingering raindrops

Aren't these leaves neat? They look like fallen stars!

And naturally I had to do a fall photo shoot with my kiddo. I really enjoy photography and taking pictures of God’s beautiful creation, both nature and his people. Sometimes I think if I worked more at it I might make it a business someday, but then there are moments, like my son’s fall photo shoot when I think, nope, we’ll keep this as a hobby…




For the shoot, I set up the pumpkins and raked all the fallen leaves into one corner of our yard. (Yes, our Italian landlords observed me collecting all the leaves, and then putting them back onto the ground. I’m not sure what they think of me…) I waited until after his morning nap so he would be happiest and the light would still be decent. I dressed him into his clean outfit and set him on the ground. That’s when I realized how many mosquitos there were. They were eating us alive. I would take a snap, then run up to wave them away from his face as they ate at mine. He made it out of the shoot with only two bites; I didn’t bother to count mine. Somewhere during the shoot I felt something crawly on my shin, beneath my pant leg. I shook my pant leg and nothing came out, and I felt nothing more, so I thought it might be one of those ghost feelings, where you think you felt something but didn’t. I then decided I would try to lie down on the grass so I could be closer to his level instead of always above looking down. When I got down and the ground pressed my pant leg firm against me, something stung me with fury. And man was that sting intense! It crippled me and I was down for the count. I ripped off my pants and a massive bug came tumbling out. It was a bee of some sort I believe, but this was unlike any bee in the states. This bug was easily the length of my palm, and the sting left my whole calf throbbing and the welt it left lasted for over a week. Three weeks later now and I still have a tiny scab left. 

My fav <3







Despite the photo shoot being under fifteen minutes, I still managed to get some pictures I am quite happy with and I’m glad we were able to do the mini-shoot and capture my little one during this season. :)







 



 P.S. If anyone can think of a more creative photography name for me, feel free to suggest it below! Whether or not I ever make a real business of it, it would be fun to have anyway. As you can see, I’m currently just pasting my name on everything. Or I might just do a symbol of something. I like toadstools and was thinking of using one of those... (random, I know) Ideas? Thoughts?



2 comments:

  1. Great pictures of the baby and nature Shiloh and I like the name your using but if you must you could always use Wildflower photography. Sometimes its nice to not have your name on the company title.
    Uncle Ron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea that I hadn't even considered, thank you for mentioning that!

      Delete